[Samba] Samba Member of NT-Domain: Prefix

Klaus Spengler Klaus-S at gmx.net
Sun Feb 16 18:42:49 GMT 2003

Hello!

I'm new here. I've a problem with my Samba (SuSE 8.1, Samba 2.2.5) Server.
It's Member of a MS NT 4 Domain, means it authentificate at NT 4 PDC.

When I logged in with my Computer in Domain Account, the connection to my
Samba ressources hasn't any Problem, but when I didn't log on with my Domain
Account (means i log on to my Computer saved account), Samba doesn't
authentificate the user.
Then I'll give Samba the Username in the following syntax:

DOMAIN\USER

Here my smb.conf, hope somebody can help my (or somebody understands my kind
of english!)

[global]
workgroup = nt010000
	netbios name = samba
	security = DOMAIN
	password server = *
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	username level = 8
	password level = 8
	add user script = /etc/samba/smbbenutzer %U
	log level = 3
	fstype = samba!

Thank you, Klaus