[Samba] Access Denied when trying to login to samba PDC

Don Zajic donald.zajic at verizon.net
Sun Feb 16 14:41:01 GMT 2003

Have you created both a linux user account and samba user account for
the username you are attempting with?

On your linux system prompt type:  adduser -u nnn username
Where nnn is the userid number that you want to assign to this user and
of course username is a valid domain user name
This will create the entry in the /etc/passwd file
Then on your linux system type:  smbadduser -a username
Again where user name is the user name you just created in the passwd
file.

Now attempt to login to the domain from a Windows system with that user
name.

The short of it is the user must exist in both the linux passwd file and
the samba smbpasswd file with the same UID value.

Don