[Samba] re: File won't copy to client

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Feb 15 22:37:53 GMT 2003

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Corey McGuire wrote:

> This is strange, but I use samba for a software archive at work, and we
> are having trouble with Office 97.  I traced it back to riched20.dll.
> The file is one the server, but it never copies.  I can't even see the
> file.  If i rename it, it shows up.

We feal with your pain.

> What is up with that?

We would not need a crystal ball if you had sent a copy of your smb.conf
file and told us a little more of what you might have done to at least try
to solve your own problem. Our crystal ball is worn out a bit.

Could it be possible that your smb.conf file has in it a line like:

	veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/

Might account for this behaviour. Oops!

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra