[Samba] samba permissions problem

juan j0876car at telocity.com
Fri Feb 14 15:41:54 GMT 2003

Here is the situation.  I have setup a samba server to authenticate against
Active Directory.  I have created a group under my linux server and created
all the accounts that need to access the share on the samba server.  I gave
the group the rights to the samba share, but when a user adds to the share a
file or directory and I view the permissions under linux the owner of that
new file, or directory is not the group anymore, its the creator.  which
creates a big problem because the group needs total access to any directory
under the share and needs to have full access which I setup intially but
when a user in the group creates a file he or she own it and other users can
write to that directory.