[Samba] samba permissions problem

juan j0876car at telocity.com
Fri Feb 14 17:20:16 GMT 2003

Here is the situation.  I have setup a samba server to authenticate against
Active Directory.  I have created a group under my Linux server and created
all the accounts that need to access the share and placed them in the Linux
group on the samba server.  I gave
the group full rights to the samba share, but when a user from the group
adds to the samba share a
file or directory he or she now owns the file or new directory, and if
another user tries to add to the file or create a file or another directory
under the new created file or directory
the user gets permission denied and I have to re-apply the permissions from
the root of the samba share so the group owns everything again and not
individual users.  How can I setup the share so only the group owns it no
matter what user in the group adds to the share.

Thank you,

Juan