[Samba] How to join a linux machine to a "pure" Active DirectoryDomain using Samba 3.0alpha21?

adamsjw2 at hotmail.com adamsjw2 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 14 14:25:01 GMT 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:00:08 +0100, Alexander Skwar
<lists.ASkwar at email-server.info> wrote:

>Kurt Weiss schrieb:
>
>> mission impossible!
>> windows XP home does not support domains!!
>
>Well, as pointed out in the link, that's not true.  But as I said, how
>did this link help with my problem?

This is from Microsoft's web site:
http://microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/evaluation/overviews/xpindomain.asp

"Both Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional allow you to
connect to resources in a domain, either on the local network, or via
a Remote Access Services (RAS) or virtual private network (VPN)
connection. But Windows XP Professional is the only version of Windows
XP that allows users to join and be managed by the domain (e.g., by
logon scripts or group policies)."

So it would appear that Kurt was correct
JA