[Samba] Samba 3.0 AD usage problems

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Fri Feb 14 12:38:22 GMT 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:45:38AM +0800, Catherine Shen wrote:
> You mean the authentication or the changing password part??

I mean I didn't try that specific test you were talking about, the one
mapping a network drive from the command prompt.

> Are they not supported at all??
>
> I assumed that a Samba 3.0 server joining Win2K domain
> means that it can authenticate a Win2k domain user.

It can. On the network-neighbourhood-thing, click on the samba machine,
and samba will authenticate you against the win2k server.

> Thus the user can map a network share folder which locates in the Samba
> 3.0 server.
> Changing user passwords via the Samba 3.0 server is just a minor thing
> compared to the authenticating part......

On the samba server I can change passwords via kpasswd, for example.
Haven't tried it on another machine yet.