[Samba] Found MS-Word 97 & Samba bug : diagnostic found!

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Fri Feb 14 11:49:41 GMT 2003

On February 14, jean.paul.argudo at pack-solutions.com said:
> > I presume that's output from "ls -l". I would hazard a guess that your
> > server and client clocks are not in sync. If you're on linux, try ls
> > --full-time
>
> Yes! It's "ls -l" output I've posted.
>
> And yes again, client and server are not in sync.
>
> Do you mean that way I've to install ntpd and sync date/hour mechanism
> between samba server and clients?

You don't have to, but it's probably a good idea. Note that you can
run net time \\sambaserver /set on the clients to sync them up with
the server.

> Why? Is there any paragraph on this in the samba howto collection?

Dunno.

Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

It's a kludge to stop some old systems from breaking, as far as I know.
Much like the rest of Unix, really.