[Samba] problem with printer hp930c

Andrei Baldes andrei at leoromania.ro
Fri Feb 14 18:29:09 GMT 2003

I have a problem with a hp930c install on a linux redhat7.3
In linux the printing is fine there are no problem.

The problem are when printing from win98 or other windows machines via samba !
Is printing PCL code. that's a lot of garbage.
What are the settings for the driver in order to stop printing this and
print the actual document ?

I did something to that driver and began printing ok but only quarter of
inch and then eject the paper and stop as "I'm Done".

If a let it "by default" it is writing garbage.

I've tried in the windows machine to put the printer both on EMF and RAW,
direct to printer and "first spooling" but there is no use.
Thanks a lot
Andrei