AW: [Samba] Samba server in a failover environment

Oktay Akbal oktay.akbal at s-tec.de
Fri Feb 14 08:15:03 GMT 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Oktay Akbal wrote:
>
> > shared-storage or nfs (however this is made redundant in his case).
> > Both servers would then have the same tdbs.
>
> Hm, this would mean he'd need to introduce a third server which holds
> the shared storage.  And to have this server be secured, he should have
> a fourth server which is a clone of the third server.
>
> I don't think this is a good idea...

If I remember the original posting right, he already uses samba-failover
to "re-export" nfs from a third-server. In his case this should not be
wrong. But generally you are right. But I don't see, why you should
sync the tdbs, when you do not have redundant storage. Making Samba HA
without the data on the shares is a bit mysterious to me.

Oktay Akbal