[Samba] !!ATTENTION NEWBIES!!

Chris de Vidal cdevidal at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 02:42:25 GMT 2003

--- Martin Pool <mbp at samba.org> wrote:
> I think all Chris was asking for was a little
> respect on both sides:
> please do your homework before asking a question,
> and please treat
> nicely people who do ask.

In essense, yes, I was saying those very things, and
offered ways I've used to answer my own Samba
questions.  I WAS trying to help, not cause more
yelling.  It's hard to inflect in email (:

If you were to subscribe to my LUG's mailing list,
you'd see me taking great pains to answer newbie
questions.  But that's a different type of channel.

In here, I've asked good questions and had to repeat
them a few times to be heard.  There's just too many
simple questions.  No doubt you developers are just
burnt out from the volume, and I'd much rather you
debug Samba than answer "How do I join a domain?" for
the 15th time.

/dev/idal