[Samba] How to join a linux machine to a "pure" Active DirectoryDomain using Samba 3.0alpha21?

Alexander Skwar lists.ASkwar at email-server.info
Thu Feb 13 20:11:23 GMT 2003

GRRR... I send it only to him and not to the list.  Lists without
Reply-To are bad :(

Errol Neal wrote:
> net ads join will add your samba box to the windows 2000 domain, and the domain does not have to support mixed mode. You will need to have kerberos setup and tested on your system (linux). Do you already have this done?

No, I haven't yet setup kerberos.

Will "net ads join" prompt me for the AD to join, or does it somehow
automagically figure out which AD to join?

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote: http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (en)
Homepage:     http://www.iso-top.biz  |  Jabber: askwar at a-message.de
   iso-top.biz - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen