[Samba] password key in Windows XP

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Thu Feb 13 18:58:54 GMT 2003

It is the same as the Win2000_PlainPassword.reg file in the samba
docs/Registry directory.

Kyle Loree wrote:

> cifuente at us.ibm.com writes:
> >

> >We are using SAMBA 2.2.4 to support a large community of Windows users.
> >The
> >latest deployment of PC's come with Windows XP, and we need to disable
> >Password Encryption on those to use SAMBA.  We need help in locating the
> >"EnablePlainTextPassword" key.
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >

> >                                         Jaime A Cifuentes
> >
> >--
>
> the reg key is located
>
> MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/LanmanWorkstation/Parameters/EnablePlainTextPassword
>
> I am not sure what to change the key too though.
> I hope someone else can help you with that.
> there was no resources that I can find to go from.
>
> Kyle Loree
> Rendek Communications
> Kyle at caisnet.com
>
> --

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D