[Samba] wbinfo -t "secret is bad 0xc00000e5"

bin wen wen_bin at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 17:10:20 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have a problem to authenticate users from my linux
box through samba/winbind to a Win2k PDC.
I can successfully get result from the following
command
wbinfo -g
wbinfo -a
getent passwd
I joind the domain using
smbpasswd -j Domain -r Server -U Administrator
I got erro if I ran wbinfo -t, "secret is bad".
I tried to manually add the computer account on PDC
and allow pre-win2k group access this computer
account.
I also got errror if I just type smbpasswd -j Domain
[root at tsrvlnx2 samba]# smbpasswd -j TOY_STORY
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC
credentials to machine BUZZ. Error was :
NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT.