[Samba] Swat does'nt show smbd as running when it is

linuxnewbie easbury at pro-pav.com
Thu Feb 13 15:39:32 GMT 2003

I have samba running OK and SWAT was until yesterday, on the status window,
the smbd in SWAT now says "not running" when the smbd daemon is already
running.  If I click on the "start" or "restart" buttons, it still shows as
not running and the smbd.log shows the entry- ERROR: smbd is already
running.  Any clues as to what I've messed up?  Everything else in SWAT
seems OK, nmbd is showing the correct status as well.