[Samba] Samba server in Samba PDC network

Cyril Y. Nickonorov cyril at imvs.ru
Thu Feb 13 11:02:35 GMT 2003

Hello to All!

I have a Samba 2.2.5 PDC working on Solaris authorizing windows clients for
the DOMAIN. And I want to install second Samba server and also integrate
it into
the DOMAIN. The server runs Samba 2.2.7 on Debian Woody.

What I did:

- I have created /etc/hosts account for this server;
- I have created /etc/passwd account as for the ordinary windows client;
- I have launched smbpasswd -a -m servername for the new server;
- on the server I have issued smbpasswd -j DOMAIN -r PDC -Uadmin%password
and the server was added to the DOMAIN successfully.

Then I have created smb.conf file as follows:

-- cut --

[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        server string = Samba Server %v
        client code page = 866
        character set = KOI8-R
        short preserve case = yes
        preserve case = yes
        default case = lower
        case sensitive = no
        smb passwd file = /auto/arc/samba/private/smbpasswd
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        security = domain
        encrypt passwords = yes
        password server = *
        local master = no
        domain master = no
        kernel oplocks = no
        locking = yes
        oplocks = yes
        strict locking = no
        share modes = yes

[database]
        comment = database
        path = /export/data/database
        valid users = @users
        public = no
        writable = yes
        printable = no
        create mask = 0770

-- cut --

Samba starts fine but when I try to connect to the server for testing in
shows:

-- cut --

server# ./smbclient -L server -U user
added interface ip=10.1.1.10 bcast=10.1.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
Domain=[DEBIAN_FANS] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.7a-0.1 for Debian]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (castle server (Samba
2.2.7a-0.1 for Debian))
        ADMIN$         Disk      IPC Service (castle server (Samba
2.2.7a-0.1 for Debian))
        lp             Printer   Generic dot-matrix printer entry
        user          Disk      Home Directories

        Server               Comment
        SERVER                server server (Samba 2.2.7a-0.1 for Debian)

        Workgroup            Master
        DEBIAN_FANS

-- cut --

So there is no my share shared and DOMAIN is DEBIAN_FANS instead of DOMAIN.
What happens? Any comments?

Thanks in advance,
Cyril.