[Samba] saving profiles on different servers

OenusTech oenustech at oenus.com
Thu Feb 13 10:13:16 GMT 2003

Hello there!

Our company has set up a samba pdc server (2.2.6) serving about 30 win9x
machines on 2 different locations on different cities (A &B) united by a
64k isdn connection. The samba server is on city A. Right now we just have
those win9x machines without user profiles, so machines on city B access
the samba server on A just for authentication purposes as well as remote
printing to printers in A.

The company is planning to migrate to XP Pro machines later this year. If
possible, they´d like to use roaming profiles. However, the bandwidth for
the connection between A & B can be increased only to 128k (not even close
to acceptable levels).

Is there a way to install a member server on B where profiles of machines
located in B can save their profiles, keeping the PDC server on A for
authentication of all machines in A & B and saving profiles of machines in
A?

If there is an easier way to do this, I´d also appreciate some
enlightenment...

Thanks a lot in advance

Ignasi