[Samba] Re: samba acl's

Chris de Vidal cdevidal at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 21:21:59 GMT 2003

--- bkrusic at yahoo.com wrote:
> >  These basic permissions are sufficient for many
> > uses,
> Except mine ofcourse :)
>
> > ACL support like XFS, and you compile Samba
> > --with-acl-support, you get full NT ACL support,
> Before I recompile as I've SGI_XFS running on my RH
> servers, I'd like to make sure that the granular
> perms
> are as fine as NTs.  Are yours indeed like those
> where
> 1 would have read/write/exe but not del, etc...?
>
> If so, this is what I need to do.

No, it still uses Read/Write/Exec but it allows
multiple groups/users to have different permissions,
which is nice.  To do delete inhibit and stuff like
that, you need to compromise e.g. use read-only on
files instead.

Before recompiling, check that you have acl support
turned on:
mount | grep acl
If you don't see your partition, man
mount/mount.xfs/mount_xfs/read their website.

Good luck,
/dev/idal