[Samba] Samba / OpenLDAP and groups

Dariush Forouher dariush at forouher.de
Wed Feb 12 19:08:46 GMT 2003

Am Die, 2003-02-11 um 22.35 schrieb Gregory Chagnon:
> Hi-
> I'm using Samba with OpenLDAP and was wondering how to add a user to
> multiple groups, for instance 'Domain Users' and 'Marketing'.  Is this
> stored in the gid field?  Do I just add more than one gid filed for each

No, 'gidNumber' attribute defines the primaray group. If you want to add
a user to secondary groups, you have to add those to the specific group
in LDAP.
E.g. if you want to add User1 to Group1 you have to add an attribute
"memberUid" with the value "User1" into "cn=Group1,ou=Groups,
dc=abc,dc=org". It behaves just the same way Unix passwd/group files do.

regards
Dariush
--
PGP Fingerprint: 0x886C99A1