[Samba] Unable to see linux files on windows using Samba[system error 53]

Premkumar Stephen prem18 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 16:56:45 GMT 2003

Hi Joel,

Thanks for informing me about the DIAGNOSIS.txt

I failed at step 8:

When I did a "net view", this is what I come up with

\\VAMLINUX.VMOMEN

whereas the server running samba is RedHat8.0 named "vamlinux"
and the windows workgroup name is "vmomentum"

All the previous steps were successful.

The error I get when I try
C:\>net view \\vamlinux
System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

I did a search for this error on the internet and edited my lmhosts file,
still the problem exists.

Please help!

TIA,
Prem