[Samba] Access Denied when connect to samba box

Denis I. Morozov frozer at tumgasa.ru
Wed Feb 12 12:03:46 GMT 2003

Kurt Weiss wrote:
>> [frozer at linuxbox frozer]$ smbclient -L \\localhost
>

> is frozer a legal domain user?
> (sorry, i did not check first, that your passwordserver is *not* your
> linux box...)
yes, frozer is legal domain name. And password server is Windows 2000
Server.
But seems I resolve problem: in group policy for Domain Computers I
found some unresolved names as "users who has rightes to access to this
computer from network" or sounds like this, so I removed this unresolved
names, after changes in Group Policy I restart DC. Then I remove
computer account from domain, join linuxbox to domain again and manually
create computer account. After that open Network Neighbornhood and
browse shares on LINUXBOX - and it work!

Thanks for your help, Kurt!

Best regards, Denis