[Samba] Access Denied when connect to samba box

Denis I. Morozov frozer at tumgasa.ru
Wed Feb 12 05:00:24 GMT 2003

Hi!

I have MS domain, based on MS Windows 2000 Server. I successfully joined
my samba box (Linux 2.5.53, Samba 2.2.4) to domain via smbpasswd -j
DOMAIN -r DC -Uuser%pwd.

So when I try to open Samba box via network neighbornhood I got pop-up
window with inputs of username and password, I tape valid values and got
this popup again. In samba log I see this:

[2003/02/12 09:27:58, 0]
smbd/password.c:connect_to_domain_password_server(1328)
   connect_to_domain_password_server: machine DC rejected the tconX on
the IPC$ share. Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.

And a lot of my smb.conf:
workgroup = DOMAIN
netbios name = LINUXBOX
server string = Samba server
os level = 17
domain master = no
local master = no
security = domain
password server = DC
wins server = 192.168.1.2
name resolve order = wins hosts bcast
encrypt passwords = yes

Where is error?

Thanks for help.
Best regards, Den

PS: Also I cant connect to Win'9x boxes from Win'2000,XP.