[Samba] Swat configuration problem

Michael G. Noble mnoble at rfmagic.com
Tue Feb 11 21:35:28 GMT 2003

I have all my users using the swat interface which is simpler for most
PC users than having to login to a UNIX/LINUX machine.  Since they
login to swat as themselves, there is very little they can do to the
system.

Mike

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 12:45, James Kosin wrote:
> Dear Jorge Videgain Marquez,
>
> The easiest way to have users change their passwords is to:
>     a)    Login to the Linux/Unix box via TELNET.
>     b)    Have the user use smbpasswd to change their password.
>
> This is the simplest method.  SWAT is usually reserved for configuring samba
> and not user management.
>
> Thanks,
> James Kosin

Michael G. Noble			RF Magic, Inc.
Senior System Administrator		10182 Telesis Ct., 4th Floor
					San Diego, CA.   92121
email: mnoble at rfmagic.com		voice: (858) 546-2401 x207
					fax:   (858) 546-2402
--