[Samba] printing with cups?

Jason Kirschenmann jasonkirschenmann at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 17:39:12 GMT 2003

Hello out there in samba land,
Do to the lack of a stable print spooler in windows 2000 server we have
switched to redhat 8.0 to set up our spooler.  We are using cups in samba
and we're trying to set printers so that everyone can access and use them.
we can see all of the printers and even add them.  however once they are
added when you double click on them to access on the printer it says access
is denied, unable to connect.  the server is added to our domain.  here is
our smb.conf.

[global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
	load printers = yes
	passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
	obey pam restrictions = yes
	wins server = Enterprise
	encrypt passwords = yes
	public = yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	dns proxy = no
	netbios name = spoolio
	server string = Samba Server
	printing = cups
	password server = Enterprise
	unix password sync = Yes
	workgroup = trinitynet
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	security = domain
	max log size = 0
	pam password change = yes

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	writeable = yes
	printable = yes
	path = /var/spool/samba
any help you can give our office would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
jason