[Samba] security = domain

Michael Herber michael.herber at spe-siemens.de
Tue Feb 11 13:57:46 GMT 2003

Hm, but as I did understand, in both cases, the log in at the
samba-server is sent to the NT-machine to validate. After what I've
read, "server" means that only the username and the password is sent and
"domain" menas that more than these two values are sent. I am completely
wrong?

Anyhow, "server" also needs a "password server" for authentification (at
least this is what my sources are saying!). So what's the difference? Or
are my sources wrong?

Michael