[Samba] security = domain

Michael Herber michael.herber at spe-siemens.de
Tue Feb 11 12:48:38 GMT 2003

I have to prepare a little presentation about samba and there's a little
point I'm not quite sure about it.
I'm using 2.2.5 BTW.

Now, I know about the different "security ="-settings except for
"security = domain". When I set "security = server", a NT-Server is
reponsable for checking username and corresponding password if I'm
right. Now, in the books I have as source, "security = domain" is only
described as following: "If security = domain is set, then the NT-Server
checks entirely the log-in". That's quite short. Now, can anyone tell me
what exactly the NT-Server checks when I set "domain" as level and in
comparison, what's the difference to "server".

Michael