[Samba] Samba as PDC

Titus Syengo kameta at pactke.org
Tue Feb 11 11:56:28 GMT 2003

I have just joined this list and I am sure this question may have been
answered earlier. I am a newbie in Linux but with strong redmond skills, the
reason I am here is that I want to migrate to Linux.

I just setup a linux server with one workstation, win 98 and I am connecting
both with a crossed cable. I want to use Linux as a PDC to serve the one
client of win 98 and have already installed samba and SMB service is running
well. I can also ping the workstation and the workstation can ping the linux
server. I have configured the smb.conf well but and also set win 98 to
plaintext but I get the error message that the domain password you supplied
is not corrcet, or access to your logon server has been denied.

Any ideas?