[Samba] pdc help needed with win2k sp3 clients/samba 2.27a/redhat 8.0

Raj Saxena rajan at ipisland.com
Tue Feb 11 07:52:02 GMT 2003

Hi Everyone,
            Me and my unix expert have been beating our head against this
one. We have created machine accounts on the server, have the root account
created for smb, have done everything we can think of. Netbios name is
correct have check the logged files nothing that is unusual.

The problem is that the win2k clients just keep saying domain not found. The
linux server is a dell 2600, we recompiled samba on it. Have read all the
manuals possible!

I know samba is still kind of in its infancy for pdc and version 3.0 is
about to be released. So I have come to the experts here. I even went to the
point of talking to the guys at Linuxcare and even they won't help. Sorry If
I sound desperate but If I can't solve this I have no choice but to to setup
a machine that will do authentication only meaning a win nt 4.0 server and
then let that talk to the samba server :-(

Does anyone have any good docs as to what clients work and with what service
pack? I know some guys have had luck with debian, and win2ksp3. We have 17
clients in one building and then I would need to bring up two bdc (samba
servers) if possible for the remote locations.

TIA,

Raj

---