[Samba] MRTG + Samba

Ryan Beisner ryan at prattusa.com
Tue Feb 11 04:42:32 GMT 2003

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has pointers for graphing data from Samba using
MRTG.  I already have MRTG graphing things like signal strength (cisco
aironet pci), total kbps in/out each interface, mem and disk i/o usage.

I'd like to graph, for example, average number connections over time; or
maybe logins per hour .... or failed logins per hour.

I know MRTG's requirements for input formatting -- it's getting the
first two of these four numbers that gets me hung up:

current connections
current file locks
uptime
title-description