[Samba] Re: problem with password setup

Brett brett at smart.net
Mon Feb 10 21:48:47 GMT 2003

The change I did to Win2000 was the change
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Para
meters\EnablePlainTextPassword:dword:00000001

While the swat interface might work, I am trying to make it so that users do
not know I am switching to a samba file server.  The change above was not
required on my linux box, but was required on my sun server.  I was rather
puzzed by this difference.  I tried compiling the sun version as close to
the redhat config as possible.

Brett

news:1044638712.27619.125.camel at unheq1...