[Samba] preserving extended attributes during a file copy over the network

Eric Chen echen at ateonix.com
Mon Feb 10 17:37:11 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have 2 linux machines, SOURCE and DEST on a network. I create some
snapshots of the file structure on SOURCE and these snapshots have extended
attributes. I want to copy the snapshots from SOURCE over to DEST over the
network, but I don't want to lose the information on the extended
attributes. Is there a way to do this using the samba protocol? Or do I have
to modify the source code to allow the preservation of EA's. If anyone has
any suggestions or can direct me to some helpful resources, please let me
know. I could use some help on this matter. If there is another protocol
that can support this file copy + preservation of EA's, please let me know.

Thanks,
Eric