[Samba] Samba w/LDAP on Redhat 8

Paul Holman pablos at blueorigin.com
Mon Feb 10 12:21:01 GMT 2003

I've been attempting to get a build of Samba on Redhat 8 with LDAP
support.  Apparently the stock RPMs from Redhat don't have it.  Has
anybody managed to build this out on Redhat 8?

My attempt to build samba-2.2.7a from source fails, I'm using the
following flags on configure:

./configure --with-smbmount --with-automount
--with-configdir=/etc/samba --with-ldapsam

This is the error from make:

passdb/pdb_ldap.c:1114: `LDAP_OPT_ERROR_STRING' undeclared (first use
in this function)
/usr/include/ctype.h: At top level:
passdb/pdb_ldap.c:66: storage size of `global_ldap_ent' isn't known
make: *** [passdb/pdb_ldap.o] Error 1

My attempts to build from the SRPMs have failed.  I've tried both
2.2.7a from the samba.org site, and 2.2.7 from Redhat's site.  I have
varying degrees of failure depending on which cross-section of
configure flags I put in samba.spec

If you have any idea how I can build LDAP support into Samba on Redhat
8, please let me know.

Thanks, pablos.
--
Paul Holman