[Samba] user locked to terminal for specific share

akshaysalkar akshaysalkar at indiatimes.com
Mon Feb 10 05:15:01 GMT 2003

hi,
I have made my samba enabled on linux, with my winnt workstations logging to linux samba.
however they ask for password the first time.
but what if i want to log from the client to samba server as another user?

it seems that the user/password get locked. is there no way to change it.

i did see the docs.
/usr/share/doc/samba-2.2.5/docs/Registry/NT4-Locking.reg

i feel this file could have some thing to do with it.

what should i do to allow another user to access a different share from the same terminal.

any suggestions would be great.