[Samba] Speed/lockup problems with wireless client

Eric Ellsworth whalesuit at bonbon.net
Sun Feb 9 17:29:35 GMT 2003

On Thursday 06 February 2003 03:09 am, Kurt Weiss wrote:
> my old wireless ap hangs too, if the signal is not strong enough. ->
> this results, cause the PCMCIA card has not this strength as the ap has.
> on the notebook u see medium quality, but the signal does not recieve
> the ap...
> our new ap runs well (after flashing newest firmware...)

> which ap u use?
Linksys' standard Wired/wireless AP, the one that's on the front page of
CompUsa, etc.  I can look up the model number if that's really key.

> which card u use?
Orinico Silver, under RedHat 8.0

> are u using encryption on wlan?
Nope, not right now

> did u try to slow down (fix 5.5mbits/s)?
How do i do this?  I was under the impression that 802.11b transmitted at
2.2Mbs...  Do I need to set it to this, or to 5.5Mbps?

>did u check "save transmit"
> (evtl. ap) when microwaves are in the near?
Would this be on the ap or the card?

Thanks,

Eric