[Samba] Which .tdb files are safe to remove?

Peter Schüller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sun Feb 9 17:10:31 GMT 2003

Hello,

which .tdb files in /var/lib/samba are safe to remove (rebuilt automatically)?

Long story:

I have posted a couple of times lately regarding some mysterious freeze
effects we've been having on the clients. We have now tried 2.2.4, 2.2.7a
(this one makes it even worse) and 2.999 (3.0 pre-X) and have the same
trouble on all.

It seems the same configuration does NOT cause this problem on another host
(not 100% verified yet though).

Our current theory, because it started happening after an uncontrolled
shutdown due to an extended power outage,  is that some file used by samba is
corrupt or inconsistent. The .tdb files are currently the prime suspect. But
I don't just want to remove them and conclude that it "seems to work",
beacuse then I might run into problems in the future, in case they *aren't*
safe to remove  but don't cause any immediate problems.

Thanks!

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org