[Samba] Windows XP Service Pack 1

Bo Byrd bo at bbyrd.net
Sun Feb 9 06:44:32 GMT 2003

I have a BSD system that I installed samba 2.2.7a onto.  Smbd and nmbd
both work great but if I try to use smbclient to connect to a WinXPpro
(service pack 1) machine like this:
smbclient //BO/C$ password -I 207.x.x.x -U Administrator -W NETENG -n
HOMER

I keep getting NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE.  I put a sniffer on the XP Pro
machine and see the NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE message.  Is there a problem
with NT service pack 1 that keeps smbclient from working?

I saw on the list archives some registry settings to change if you want
to log onto an XP domain controller.  Even though Im not trying to log
onto a PDC I changed the registry settings and it didn't help.  Is there
anything else I can do?

Thanks,
Bo Byrd