[Samba] File "In Use" when it's not... problem

C. Cau ccau at itsyn.it
Sat Feb 8 12:33:01 GMT 2003

> Could this be an oplocks problem?
> Joel

I fear it's not an oplocks problem...

I'm experiencing the very same problem on a Mandrake 9 box running Samba
2.2.7, and in my case the affected files are normal MS Office documents.
Please have a look to my previous message "Self-locking files?", roughly one
month ago, in the mailing list for details.

As suggested [by Joel, btw], I set the oplocks to disabled in the samba cfg
file (even 2nd level oplocks) but to no avail. It still happens, randomly.
I'd say a few times a day, with an average of 10 samba users.

I don't dare to upgrade to Samba 2.2.7A or newer because, apart from that
symptom, my samba box is doing a great job, and I don't want to take a risk.

Corrado