[Samba] Getent problem with NT groups - conf files included

Jennifer Fountain JFountain at rbinc.com
Fri Feb 7 18:39:49 GMT 2003

When I type $getent passwd, works great - see all my users etc.
When I type $getent group, I only get domain admins and all unix groups.
wbinfo -g jfountain, works fine, i can see all the groups i am a member of.

cat /etc/nsswitch.conf

hosts: files [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] dns [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue TRYAGAIN=continue] nis [NOTFOUND=return UNAVAIL=continue TRYAGAIN=return]
passwd: files   [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] winbind
#group: files [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] winbind [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] nis
#passwd: files [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] winbind [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] nis
#passwd: files   [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] nis
group: files [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] winbind [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] nis
#group: files   [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] nis
group: winbind
#group: files [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] nis [NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] winbind
/usr/local/samba/bin

smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = domainname
	netbios name = samba
	server string = SRV1_SAMBA
	interfaces = lan4 127.0.0.1
	bind interfaces only = Yes
	security = DOMAIN
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	password server = pdc1
	admin log = Yes
	log level = 3
	log file = /usr/local/samba/samba.log
	name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
	lm announce = No
	preferred master = No
	local master = No
	domain master = No
	dns proxy = No
	wins server = x.x.x.x
	winbind uid = 40000-59999
	winbind gid = 40000-59999
	template homedir = /home/%U
	template shell = /usr/bin/ksh
	winbind separator = +
	winbind cache time = 300
	winbind use default domain = Yes
	guest account = pcguest

everything else is working fine - i can login, access my home folder, etc.  But it seems like groups are not working. :(  Am I missing anything?

Thank you
Jenn Fountain