[Samba] Error on locking database

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri Feb 7 17:40:06 GMT 2003

Jim, Andy,

This is a known feature.

Go ahead and do the following for a valid user:

	smbclient //localhost/'username' -U'username'

Enter the password and make the connection. It if does not work you have a
problem. If it does, then quit out. Then do:

	smbstatus

It should now work without trouble.

You see, smbstatus tries to access te lock file, which does not exist
until smbd has created it (which happens as soon as you make a
connection).

- John T.