[Samba] Active Directory - Which Samba version is needed?

Alexander Skwar ASkwar at email-server.info
Fri Feb 7 16:44:43 GMT 2003

So sprach Errol Neal am 2003-02-07 um 06:57:45 -0800 :

> You will need samba-3.0 then. It is in alpha, so it is not recommended

Do I need Samba 3.0, because we do not have Windows NT 4.0 Domains?

> for production use right now. But I am using it production w/o any
> issues. It requires samba to be compiled against kerberos and the
> openldap libraries. It also requires the use of winbindd.

Which configure options do I need at minimum?  Would the following be
sufficient?

        --with-ads \
        --with-krb5=/usr \
        --with-ldap \
        --with-winbind

Also, I'm unclear about the following options:

  --with-afs              Include AFS clear-text auth support
  --with-dce-dfs          Include DCE/DFS clear-text auth support

Thanks again,

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.iso-top.biz     |    Jabber: askwar at a-message.de
   iso-top.biz - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 11 days 10 hours 40 minutes