[Samba] Re: password expire time

Georg Glas glas at hollomey.com
Fri Feb 7 16:21:28 GMT 2003

> > In Samba 2.2.7a, 'password expire time' appears to be being ignored.
> > Unknown parameter encountered: "password expire time"
> > Ignoring unknown parameter "password expire time"
> >
> > What should I be using to force a password change every n days?
> samba3
> I don't believe password expiry is supported in samba2 with a normal
> backend.
it is support with samba compiled with ldap support .. but however there seem
to be some troubles with it .. the user is forced to change the password but
smbd has some problem when trying to get the gid of the use (always returns
-1, and then smbd dies)  until the profile is not loaded .. however the user
is able to change the password later ..

--
mfg.
Georg Glas