[Samba] Sending Winpopup messages

mark lists at xinot.net
Fri Feb 7 16:19:50 GMT 2003

On 2003.02.07 14:58 Jorge Videgain Marquez wrote:
> Hello
>
> i am sending winpopup messages throught (smbclient -M) and it seem to
> work
> fine but i dont recieve anything at my w98 machines.
> and w98 machine called ALFA dosent show any message.
>
> (message component fo w98 is installed at all machines)
>
> What am i doing wrong?

On a Windows 98 machine the message component has to be running on the
machine before it will display the winpopup message.  So is the (insert
name of program which I've forgotten here) program actually running on
the windows 98 machine?  Not just installed?

mark

Always hoping the simple answers are going to help.  Usually wrong.