[Samba] Samba problem

Don Zajic donald.zajic at verizon.net
Fri Feb 7 15:39:34 GMT 2003

When you say you checked the samba version, what did you do to get the
version?
At your prompt type 'smbd -V' without the quotes, is should come back
with Version 2.2.7a
Do the same for nmbd.

If it come back with Version 2.0.7, then you probably have two copies of
samba on your system, one copy in your "path" and another copy in the
default location of a samba install.  The one being executed in your
path.

When you did the ./configure what switches did you pass?

Here is how I configured samba:
./configure  --prefix=/usr --with-lockdir=/var/lock/samba
--with-privatedir=/etc/samba --with-swatdir=/usr/share/swat
--with-smbmount --with-configdir=/etc/samba

This will place the binaries in the /usr/sbin directory.

Don Zajic