[Samba] Printer not working Unix-W2000

Shaun Exelby shaun at pciltd.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 15:06:09 GMT 2003

Hi
installed Samba 2.2.2 to SCO Openserver 5.0.6 with 2 printers attached
locally as lp0 and lp1. I shared them in Samba using the printer option with
the settings as such:

[lp1]
        path = /var/spool/samba
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes
        hosts allow = 128.2.65.200
        printable = Yes
        print command = lp -c -d lp1 -o raw %s ; rm %s
        printer name = lp1
        oplocks = No
I then go to Windows 2000 and browse the network to find the printers and
load the correct drivers for them, Epson LX-1050+, but when I print a test
page the Windows 2000 logo comes across and then just large amounts of
printer characters are printed.
The Unix lp settings are correctly configured to print raw but still nothing
comes right.
What am I missing?
Thanks

Shaun Exelby