[Samba] Active Directory - Which Samba version is needed?

Alexander Skwar askwar at email-server.info
Fri Feb 7 09:06:43 GMT 2003

Hi!

I'd like to setup a Samba server which should do user authentication
against an Active Directory.  Our AD admins told me, that we do not have
Window NT 4.0 Domains available.

What I'm trying to accomplish, is that the users can login with the same
username/password they use with the AD.  Also, if the password is
changed in the AD, this change should be reflected on the Samba server.
 It doesn't have to be the other way arround - ie. the Samba server
doesn't have to be able to do password changes.

The reason is, that I need a way for the Windows users to access files
on NFS shares.

All this is supposed to work on a HP-UX 11.00 server, but I also do have
a RedHat 8.0 server available.  So I'm either looking for a HP-UX
solution (preferrable with the HP CIFS server) or a Linux solution.
Actually, plain OS independant hints are also VERY much appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote: http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (en)
Homepage:     http://www.iso-top.biz  |  Jabber: askwar at a-message.de
   iso-top.biz - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen