[Samba] Duplicate short file name

Ivan Gustin ivan at elin.hr
Fri Feb 7 08:33:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have a strange problem with Samba on RedHat 7.2. In one directory there is
many files with similar long file name (10+ digit file name for many
pictures). When I dir this directory, I can see many files with different
long file name, but with exactly the same short file name. There is about
3-5 files with the same 8.3 DOS file name.

I really don't understand how can it happen and what is cause of that
problem. I have Samba 2.2.3, so I put Samba 2.2.7, but the problem is still
the same. I can't say that is bug within Samba, but I never see such
situation.

Any ideas?

--
Ivan Guštin, ivan at elin.hr, (098) 366-346
ELIN Elektronika i informatika, www.elin.hr, (052) 623-491

--
Ovaj mail provjeren je antivirusnim programom ESET NOD32
prilikom prolaska kroz mail server.