[Samba] Re: Not able to login to Samba P

Kurt Weiss input.maillists at kwnet.at
Fri Feb 7 07:39:06 GMT 2003

Ronald schrieb:
> To all, i have a simulur problem. whenever i log into samba. it tries to
> copy the profile over but then it hangs and says it cant. i also cant delete
> the local folder which it copies over to the win2k box. its very strange and
> weird. it just started to happen when we upgraded to 2.2.7a. are old version

u must login as local administrator to your w2k box, then go into the
profile, get ownership (i hope it's the right word) of the broken
dirs/files and change the userrights. - after that all runs again.

we had this problem a view times with w2k/sp2 boxes. never with w2k/sp3.
but i don't know if its a problem from samba or w2k.