[Samba] PDC + roaming profiles through VPN

Tomas Florian tflorian at telus.net
Fri Feb 7 03:17:37 GMT 2003

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find out if the following is possible:

I a HOME domain setup at home running on samba.
I also have a WORK domain setup at work.

Both of these domains are using remote profiles.  Since I recently added VPN
support to the server at work, I want to explore the possibility of checking
of the "use dialup connection" in my Win2K login screen and login using the
roaming profile through VPN.

Right now, my PPTP VPN starts up nicely at logon.
The next step I can think of is turning on WINS option for my WORK server so
that it is visible through VPN. (right my client doesn't even see the domain
controller)

The question that I have for all of you is what will happen after all that
is working fine...?
- Can my W2K client computer be member of more than one domain? (I need to
select HOME when connecting to home network and WORK when connecting through
VPN to work)
- If not, is there a way to quickly change my client's domain?  Normally it
takes a reboot for the client to change from one domain to another.

Thanks for any expertise in this area,

Tomas