[Samba] Novice question

Glen Overman gleno at acsmaster.com
Thu Feb 6 21:32:32 GMT 2003

Hi,
New to Samba & this list, so please forgive if I make a faux pas.
I've got a Redhat 7.3 box with Samba, & 2 Win stations, called "ws1" & "ws2".
When either station creates files on the server, all the files get created with
permissions of  rw-r--r-- (644).  How do I get them created with 777?
ws1 & ws2 are both set up as entries in the /etc/passwd file & in the
samba password file, with "umask 000" in their respective .bash_profile's.
root user also has umask 000.  The smb.conf attempts are shown below:

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   create mode = 0777
;   valid users = %S
   directory mode = 0777
   read only = no
# If you want users samba doesn't recognize to be mapped to a guest user
; map to guest = bad user

Thanks for any help, & I'll go ahead & say "Duh!" right now.
Glen