[Samba] Re: Interesting problem with samba and .ntprofile

Ronald Ronald at wssource.com
Thu Feb 6 20:25:03 GMT 2003

here is a update

We are now trying to upgrade all of our domain client machines from WinNT
to Windows2000 (we're actually doing clean installs, not upgrades).  Under
our limited testing this worked well.

Now that we're rolling it out to the masses in our department, many users
are beginning to have roaming profile problems.  Upon logging in, Win2k
(SP3) gives "access denied" errors to seemingly random files in a users'
profile, and then login using a local profile.

I delete the "trouble-maker" files, and a user can login... once.  They
logout, and try to login again, and then we get some "access denied" errors
again.

(I can access these files by hand just fine once logged in).

 same problem someone else had a from a long time ago.

news:b1u5jb$d9t$1 at main.gmane.org...